Saturday, February 28, 2009

Elizabeth Frank




"Each of my pieces begins with fallen aspen branches that I gather in the mountains of the southwestern United States. I make at least one trip to the mountains annually to gather the material that I will use over the course of the year. I view this journey as a pilgrimage. In my studio I combine the aspen with broken, discarded and distressed materials. I use found materials as visual metaphors, often choosing objects which speak to me of decay and resurrection, cultural trends, history and myth. Through the combination of organic and found elements I allude to the human impact upon the environment, the transience of earthly things, and the process of change." - Elizabeth Frank

You can see more of her work at http://www.elizabethfrank.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment