Friday, June 26, 2009

John Mark Sager

"Objects have a unique history: they have had human companions. As collector, I find objects that want to be together, to be companions in a new life. In my role as joiner, I deal with surface and form, sequence and juxtaposition. I try to turn chaos into order by whatever means possible, sometimes by accident. I build upon a foundation of surrealism with very real objects. Assemblage is well suited to the duality of "the parts" and "the whole."My first concern is visual. I try to add another dimension to our perceptions of everyday objects, turning "ordinary" to "extraordinary." I believe an artwork can be harmonious yet challenging to the viewer. My last concern is to awaken the imagination.The art of assemblage is the real joining of separate objects into a cohesive whole. Where the two become one in a commingling is often where the individual glimpses the Eternal Being." - John Mark Sager

To see more of his work go to Hooks-Epstein Gallery at http://www.hooksepsteingalleries.com/artists/thb_sager.shtml

No comments:

Post a Comment