Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Jeremy Newman



"My work is influenced by the random patterns that lace together the natural world and our inherent connection as humans to that natural world. I look to capture the elemental processes that create our planet and environment, and in turn shape our reality. It is the cycles within nature that influence my work the most. These cycles are part of our lives in many forms including growth, death and rebirth, building up and weathering down, the seasons, and migrations. They mark the passage of time and we are constantly exploring how we as humans exist and respond to them.I intend for my work to have a meditative and healing presence. I hope that it helps reconnect people with the rhythms of the natural world and reminds them of their place within that world." - Jeremy Newman

To see more of his work go to his website.

No comments:

Post a Comment